Saturday, November 23, 2013

Gift Bow Die....LOVE IT!!!

Last night was my husbands birthday!  We celebrated with barbequed porterhouse steaks (what a treat), baked potato, broccoli salad, garlic bread, yellow cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream.  My gift to him was a Magic Bullet.  Of course I had to make my own bow with the Gift Bow Bigz L Die.  When I first saw this die I didn't really think much of it....it wasn't on that I was dying to get my hands on....BUT then I tried it and FELL IN LOVE!


At my November workshop we put together this cute, quick and easy gift bag...IDEAL for a big cookie or CD!  We used a Tag a Bag gift bag, 7/8" Cotton Ribbon, Linen Thread and the Gift Bow Die.  The bow was made from Polka Dot Parade designer paper.  The center of the bow was stamped with a carryover stamp from More Merry Messages on Real Red card stock with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  A rhinestone in the middle adds a little bling.  FINISHED IN A SNAP!



I also made this adorable hair clip for my eight year old daughter, using felt and a Frosted Finishes Embellishment!  Yes...It cuts through felt....TALK ABOUT EASY!!!!



I have a plan now for all of my Christmas bows!  I have seven children and a husband...(thank goodness)!  When I wrap packages, each child has their own wrapping paper for all of their packages.   This year I am going to wrap all of my packages in butcher paper and I designate a different color of bow to each child's package.  I don't put names on any of the packages, but have a list of who has which wrapping paper...BUT THIS YEAR...who has which color of bow!!  FUN FUN FUN!!!!  As an added bonus....if I box them up safely...I can reuse them next year....(I'm turning into my mother!!!!)

Hope you enjoyed this post....thanks for stopping by and have a BLESSED DAY!


Thanks a bunch!!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!