Friday, November 22, 2013

Joseph's Coat Technique


This technique is called Joseph's Coat.  I'm sure many of you have heard of it and have played with it before.  I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED IT AND I LOVE IT!!!  The stamp set I used was Magnificent Maple from the Holiday Catalog.  The colors of ink I used were Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green and Early Espresso.  I also used the Expressions framelits and burlap ribbon from the Holiday Catalog.

To do this, I simply sponged Garden Green, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie completely covering a piece of Whisper White cardstock (4 x 5 1/4).  Next I stamped with versamark the maple leaf and I heat embossed with clear embossing powderI then took my brayer, inked it up with Early Espresso and rolled it over the cardstock until it was as dark as I could get it.  I then took a paper towel and wiped away the ink that didn't adhere to the stamped image to reveal my BEAUTIFUL LEAVES!!! Isn't it amazing!!!  On my second card I really inked the paper up good...so that the colors were deeper.  Don't you just love this technique?!?!  I can't wait to play some more!   
You should give it a try!

I love that you visited my blog today!  HAPPY STAMPING!!

Thanks a bunch!!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!