Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Joyful Tidings

Well...Thanksgiving has past...so quickly!  We enjoyed a delicious traditional turkey dinner with all of the fixings.  I hope you all enjoyed and cherished your friends and family over the last few days.  I was blessed to have all but my oldest home for the holiday.  He had to stay in Davis and be available at work...in case there was a power outage.  He's gonna try to come home this weekend!  I am so thankful that my kids want to come home to visit, catch up and refresh...it simply doesn't matter when...just that they do!!!

Now we are on to Christmas....we went and cut down our tree yesterday...it's just perfect...CAN'T WAIT to decorate!  Today I want to share a simple card that I just loved making!  My home group made it at my last workshop...along with a few other things which I will be sharing in days to come!
 

To make this card I used the Christmas Messages stamp set in the Holiday Catalog.   I stamped the Joyful Tidings in Sahara Sand on Whisper White cardstock, punched it out with the Decorative Label punch and inked the edges with Early Espresso Ink.  The base of the card is Crumb Cake with a layer of Cherry Cobbler and then a layer of Whisper White.  I used a stamp from the Everything Eleanor set to stamp the background...on the outside in Cherry Cobbler and on the inside in Sahara Sand.  I then attached the Joyful Tidings with dimensionals.  The bottom of the card front is Old Olive cardstock which I dry embossed using the Stripes embossing folder.  To finish it off I used Early Espresso 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, a few Pearl Basic Jewels and stamped the sentiment (also from the Christmas Messages set) on the inside in Early Espresso.

I hope this gives you some ideas for your cards or just simply copy this one.  Either way...take time to create today!  Be sure to come back for more ideas and techniques...AND...I have a new advent calendar idea I am going to be sharing (I'm already a day behind...but my kids will have fun catching up!)


Thanks a bunch!!
Darla


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

It's March 17th.......

 Have a FANTASTIC day and ENJOY the corned beef & cabbage!