Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Frankenstein

Good Morning!  Hoping you are all having a WONDERFUL day!  

Yesterday I worked in my workshop most of the morning with a girlfriend!  I missed you Linda and Laura!  I have another retreat coming up next weekend so I was busy trying to create treat containers to give out each day.  I'm not sure if I'm gonna use one of these, both of these or none of these...but I had FUN!


 This Frankenstein was made with the Fry Box Die...I was inspired by some that I saw on Pinterest...but I really wanted mine to have a SQUARE hear...Frankenstein's head is square!  I also wanted his hair to go around the sides.  So I worked and worked and came up with this fellow!   I cut the fry box out in Old Olive card stock.  The hair is a strip of Basic Black card stock cut  1 1/4" by about 8"...which I scored by hand on the die and also hand cut the hair. 
 

The eyes and nose are made with the 1/2" circle punch and the largest hole punch for the pupils.  I drew the stitches and mouth on with my journaling pen and the screw on the sides of his head are made by stacking dimensionals.  I attached three to each other and colored them with black permanent marker and topped it with a 1/2" circle in black card stock!








 This Frankenstein is made with the Curvy Keepsake Box framelit....one of my FAVORITE tools!  I was inspired by Debbie at Debbie's Designs she has some great ideas!  
 
For my Curvy Keepsake Boxes I really like to use the open part for my detail and I really wanted his hair to go all the way around his head....so that's what I did! 

 

For this Frankenstein I used five dimensionals for each screw...and made them the same way!


Here's how you can do it too!

After punching out your two pieces of Curvy Keepsake Boxes in Old Olive...find a scrap piece of black card stock...at least three inches wide!  Follow the photos below!!!

Cut two of each end...
you'll end up with this!

Hand cut your spiky hair....
adhere before putting you box together!


 
VIOLA!...after adding the details...you are finished!


Let me know which one you like best and help me decide which one to give to my ladies by commenting below!

MARY Shelley, author of Frankenstein, was born on August 30, 1797.  The novel resulted from a competition between Mary, her future husband Percy Bysshe Shelley, Lord Byron and the writer John Polidori to see who could write the best horror story.  Frankenstein has inspired more than 130 films, starting with the silent Frankenstein in 1910! 

 

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...