Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Tags

Good morning friends!  I hope all is well with you and yours!  Did you have a FABULOUS weekend?  Are you ready for Christmas?  Have you even started? YIKES....it's a crazy life sometimes!  I had to have a root canal last week because I had a fistula...because I let a tooth go playing the insurance game last year...I should have just taken care of it right away!  LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE!!! Don't put off until a new insurance year what needs to be done RIGHT NOW!  Oh well...LESSON LEARNED...again the hard way...and the expensive way!  Yesterday...I was back at my regular dentist getting a temporary bridge...I feel sick to my stomach...why...WHY...WHY didn't I just have it done right the first time?   Today I have JURY DUTY...and I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, put up my tree or made my cards! Do you ever feel like LIFE IS OUT OF YOUR CONTROL?

On a good note...my husband and I had dinner with my daughter Sarah, her fiance Andy and his parents Saturday night.  YEP...we met the new in-laws...and they are GREAT FUN!  I can't wait to  spend more time with them and getting to know them better!  The wedding is in June...SO EXCITING!  We are all so excited about it!  

....enough about me...I have some Christmas tags to share with you!  Last night myself and other members of my Stamper For Others team had a tag themed Facebook Hop...and these are what I created.  I love making tags and couldn't stop at just one, so I have a few to share with you!




I stamped the wreath in VersaMark with the Festive Fireplace stamp set and cut it out with the Festive Fireside Framelits (along with a Whisper White cat).  I ran a 2" X 4" piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock through my Big Shot using the Brick Wall embossing folder.  I added some pearls and bows to the wreath, some Chevron striped ribbon to the top and a bow I cut with the same framelits to the cat, along with a metal rimmed pearl.  I also inked the bricks with Whisper White ink and the cat with Soft Suede ink. I really like the cat addition!  






This tag was made using the Wonderland stamp set and the watercolor technique I shared a week or so back.  I inked up my watercolor paper using my Aqua Painters with Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow ink.  While still wet I shook Kosher salt on top...set it aside and let it dry. When it was dry, I shook off the salt and stamped my image in Memento Black ink and matted it onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock. I used the Scalloped Tag Topper punch, added some ribbon, twine and a wooden snowflake to finish it off.  BEAUTIFUL!!!







This tag comes together so quickly and uses just scraps of designer paper and glimmer paper.  I simply cut 1/4" strips of designer paper into different lengths and adhered them to a piece of tag size Crumb Cake cardstock.  I added a trunk made from Early Espresso cardstock and ran through my Big Shot using the Woodgrain embossing folder.  To finish it off I punched 1/2" and 3/4" circles and two different sized stars out of glimmer paper...add some ribbon to the top and you are FINISHED.  So simple...so cute!






That's it for today!  Please bear with me...my computer is really acting up!  I hope to be back tomorrow with another FUN project so stay tuned!

Have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!!

~Today's Thought~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...