Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Monday, April 4, 2016

Sheltering Tree Shaker Card

Hello Everyone!  I hope you had a FANTASTIC weekend!  Our's was very pleasant...not a lot to do...time to relax and recoup from our vacation!  We had a great time...but there wasn't a lot of down time...and I LOVE my down time!

Well...I got up this morning thinking I had to make a SHAKER CARD for a Facebook Hop tonight, so I did...and went to schedule it on my facebook only to realize the hop isn't until Thursday, April 7th...so I'm ahead of things and you are going to get a sneak peek!

The base of the card is Early Espresso and the first layer is a 4" X 5 1/4" piece Tip Top Taupe cardstock that I stamped with the Hardwood image in Tip Top Taupe.  I also cut the window, using the Hearth and Home framelit, from the same color.  I stamped the tree image on a 2 1/2" X 3 1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I adhered a piece of Window Sheet to the back of the window and used the edges from sheets of dimensionals (I layered them two deep) to make my shaker and then attached it to the stamped tree image!  WHOOPS...before attaching...I added the left over leaves from the Botanical Builders framelits. That's why it's a fall themed card...I REALLY wanted to use those leaves!  The sentiment is from the Happy Home stamp set.  I punched it out using the Word Window punch and layered it onto a piece of Hardwood stamped cardstock that I punched with the Washi Label punch.  I added a Gold button with some Linen Thread to finish it off!


For the inside of the card I simply stamped off the tree trunk and branches in Soft Suede and added a few leaves at the bottom.  The stamped leaves are stamped in Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow and Cajun Craze!

I LOVE this card a bunch...I don't think I have to wait until fall to send it...do you?  It was fun to make...Maybe I'll add a shaker card to this months workshops!  

That's all I have for you today!  Don't forget to check out the Facebook Hop on Thursday!  You can go to my Facebook by clicking on the Facebook icon on the top left corner of my blog or HERE!  Thanks for stopping by and have a magnificent rest of your day!!!

~Today's Thought~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

It's March 17th.......

 Have a FANTASTIC day and ENJOY the corned beef & cabbage!