Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Hello Fall and the Masking Technique





GOOD MORNING this delightful FALL day! I am LOVING the cooler air in the mornings!  It's invigorating and refreshing!  My kiddos think its just so COLD! 

Today I wanted to show you a card that I made using the MASKING TECHNIQUE.  First I cut the leaf out in scratch paper using the Autumn Accents Bigz Die so that I could use it as a mask.  I placed it on the Very Vanilla cardstock that I wanted to use for my card and then sponged the inside with Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow.  I then stamped the scenery from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set in Memento Black ink.  The sentiment is from the For All Things stamp set.  For the leaves I sponged the above colors on a piece of scratch Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut them out with the Fun Fall Framelits. I then ran them through the Woodgrain embossing folder.  I added some Mossy Meadow 3/8" Satin Ribbon and some Burlap "twine" and an acorn from the Autumn Wooden Elements (LOVE THESE!).  I am THRILLED with how it turned out!   I want to use this technique more often!!


My inspiration for this card was from Splitcoaststampers 
 ...it's a BEAUTIFUL card
handmade card ... sweet sunset scene sponged and stamped through a stencil in the shape of a maple leaf ... beautiful colors ... cattail silhouettes just right for a lakeside scene ... great card!!

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...